Friday, March 29, 2024

Reflections finished!

     Hey blog! I finished my second (or first) creative critical reflection!! I know the way I word it is complicated, but I'm planning on posting both of my CCR's along with my final project in one blog to make it less complicated soon.

Creative Critical Reflection #1

    This video was much more challenging to make compared to the other one. Making a podcast is surprisingly harder than I thought. I needed to make a proper setup that doesn't have too much of a distracting background. That's why while Nicole and Andreina are in front of the same background, I had to find a location that didn't expose my entire house to film my parts. Hopefully the white walls make it seem like we're all in the same part of the house.

Original background


Trying to change the angle

Different location, less distracting

    The audio was also a huge challenge for me. The microphones didn't actually work, they were just props. I thought it wasn't going to be much of a problem, but since I'm facing away from the camera (podcast hosts typically don't look at the camera while they're talking), the explanation is a lot harder to understand. This is especially because of the air conditioning and other background noises my family was making. Luckily, I found an effect on Adobe Premiere Pro called "denoise" that helped isolate my voice A LOT. I'm really grateful I found it. However, even with this effect, it's pretty hard to understand since I'm not facing the camera. If I added music, it would be almost impossible to comprehend what I'm saying. Mrs. Stoklosa emphasized adding sound when we were introduced to the creative critical reflections, but based on podcasts I've listened to, they typically don't have any sound effects or background music, unlike a talk show or a behind-the-scenes video. I've really been thinking of ways to make the audio more interesting, but I feel like with it, it would just make the video feel more like a mess.

    I also expected for it to be longer than the other one, since these two questions are supposed to be the ones that are more detailed and in depth. However, I feel like I also explained a lot in the behind-the-scenes video that could be used to answer the first two questions. Also, the videos shouldn't collectively be over 10 minutes, which is great, because in total mine is 9 minutes.

    On a more positive note, my two ideas were finished according to plan! This means soon I can reflect on my project with a bit more freedom and what I feel most proud of with the project (along with my obstacles and learning opportunities of course). Along with that, once Lucia feels good with the audio editing, I can show our final production!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Along with the film opening, I wanted to additionally post the two creative critical reflections I created. I linked both videos here in cas...