Thursday, February 15, 2024

Plotting and Scheduling

     After some ideas and discussion, we officially have a plot. The film is based off of a teenager tragically committing suicide. Her close friend (the protagonist) unfortunately discovers her a few minutes later. The film continues with the protagonist and her friends not only dealing with the loss of their friend, but also committing to spread awareness about the topic and calling out problems in their current society. We decided on approaching character, as the opening will subtly introduce the protagonist through the lens of the girl who commits suicide. This is a broad idea, but it's a great foundation to dive into detail and incorporate unsettling techniques, along with possible foreshadowing about what truly is messed up in their society. 

    To do this successfully I need a set schedule to make sure I'm on track. I set specific due dates for certain parts of the project that need to be physically made, separated by weeks.




    To make 100% sure I never forget anything, I created due dates on my Canvas to-do list for each blog and other important elements of the project, since that agenda is the only calendar I look at, especially for school. Each "assignment" I created consist of the information for each week, such as what I should be doing and blog ideas.



    Although the group has a set plot, we cannot limit ourselves to further genre research. I will make a more detailed analysis of coming-of-age/drama (It's still hard figuring out which one it truly is), along with watching more film openings with credits within the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Along with the film opening, I wanted to additionally post the two creative critical reflections I created. I linked both videos here in cas...