Friday, September 22, 2023

Camera shots/angles Quiz

     A few weeks ago I worked on a quiz to practice for camera shots and angles. This was unlike a normal quiz, the directions were to develop a story based on an inanimate object through picture shots, 15 total.  The objective was to provide meaning to each shot to show your understanding of how shots affect the story.

    For my quiz, a made the story about a keychain (one I had in my backpack) coming to life and escaping the backpack. It explored the classroom until it was eventually stepped on and brought back into the bag. I tried to make the story natural by mixing in the required shots with other shots, like an extreme long shot, to emphasize how small the keychain feels compared to the classroom. I then used shots like an extreme closeup and POV shot to show fear and the reaction to being stepped on, even though the keychain doesn't truly have facial expressions or emotions. I put this all in a Google Slides document.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/11AXqVwY63TtAb4WwwX7t5eM0r_LD1bXx3TE3-9D_rlA/edit?usp=sharing

    I think when it came to the meaning of the shots, I did well displaying the feeling of being too small or the fear of being stepped on. However, I think the story was too simple and direct. The story had no deeper meaning or lesson learned. This made my shots feel repetitive in meaning. All of my shots only focused on him feeling small or scared. If it had more detail in the story, I could use a variety of other meanings in my shots. Overall, though, I feel like I did well displaying what each shot meant.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Along with the film opening, I wanted to additionally post the two creative critical reflections I created. I linked both videos here in cas...